Donating Books and Other Materials
Details Regarding Donating Items
Materials accepted as a donation may either be added to the library’s collection or given to the Friend’s book sales.
- books in good condition – hardcover or paperback, fiction or non-fiction, adult or children’s
- music CDs
- audio books on CD
- damaged materials – broken spines, loose pages, highlighted or written-in, or torn
- materials with excessive discoloration
- materials that are moldy, dirty or infested with insects (use the rule of thumb – if you would not want them in your house, no one else would either)
- textbooks (law, medicine, computers, etc.)
- medical books more than five (5) years old
- travel books more than five (5) years old, unless they have many pictures or appear to have literary value
If you have books that are damaged or not saleable they may be placed in your home recycling bin (hardcover books need to have the covers removed and discarded in the trash).
All donations are tax deductible. A receipt is available upon request. Please note: the Library or Friends cannot assess the value of your gift.