Discount Museum Passes for Library Patrons
- Our passes are purchased annually by the Harwinton Library Friends.
- Passes are available for use by registered Harwinton Public Library patrons over the age of 18 with good standing for a minimum of 1 month.
- Borrowers sign statements agreeing to assume responsibility for the pass.
- A $20 deposit for each pass is required and is refunded when the pass is returned. The late fee is $2 per day for each late pass.
- Passes may be checked out for 2 days/48 hours.
- Passes may be reserved and can be held for up to 2 business days.
- Need more info? Grab a Museum Pass brochure at the front desk.
Please contact each museum directly or consult their website for current hours of operation and Covid protocol, as conditions may change throughout the year. Below is the current list of available passes with links to each destination.
Beardsley Zoo (Bridgeport) – Discounted Admission: $9 per person, max 6 guests Other restrictions may apply.
Connecticut’s Old State House (Hartford) – Free admission: Up to 4 Visitors
CT Historical Society Museum & Library (Hartford) – Admits 2 adults and up to 4 children to the galleries only.
CT State Parks & Forests Day Pass – Valid only at CT State Park & Forest recreation areas. NEW THIS YEAR – all CT registered vehicles will be allowed in without a fee. The pass will be used to waive admission fees only at: Dinosaur State, Gillette Castle, and Fort Trumbull State Park. See pass for more details.
Flamig Farm (West Simsbury) – Four free admissions. SEASONAL: Open April – November.
Florence Griswold Museum (Old Lyme) – Pass admits 2 adults and 2 children under 12 into the museum.
KidsPlay Children’s Museum (Torrington) – HALF-PRICE ADMISSION FOR UP TO 6 PEOPLE. Preregistration recommended.
Mattatuck Museum (Waterbury) – 2 adults and their children free
Mystic Aquarium – Library passes not currently available
New Britain Museum of American Art (New Britain) – Admits 4 people (no age restriction). One adult must accompany children under 16.
USS Constitution Museum (Charlestown, MA) – Free admission for parties of 9 or fewer.
Wadsworth Atheneum (Hartford) – Free admission for 2 adults, children Free. Open with limited hours. Restrictions apply. Be sure to read the back of this pass!
White Memorial Conservation Center Nature Museum (Litchfield) – Free admission for 2 adults and 4 children.
Yale Peabody Museum (New Haven) – Closed for renovations.