Harwinton Public Library Hours
12:30 pm – 8:30 pm
Tuesday, Thursday & Friday:
9:30 am – 5:30 pm
9:30 am – 3:00 pm (1:00 pm summer hours)
The mission of the Harwinton Public Library shall be to provide for the informational, cultural, and recreational needs of the citizens of Harwinton through the provision of an organized collection of print, multimedia, and electronic resources. This mission shall be met by the maintenance of a trained professional staff and support personnel.
Special emphasis is placed on encouraging children to develop an interest in reading and learning by offering appropriate materials and programs and collaborating with the Region 10 school district educational programs. In addition, the Library shall work to provide people of all ages with high-demand, high-interest resources in a variety of formats. In summary, the library shall actively encourage the use of its materials, seek to keep residents informed of resources available, and foster the intellectual growth, character, and cohesiveness of the community.
Did You Know?
- If you are a Harwinton resident you can receive a free library card
- Out-of-town residents with up-to-date cards can use them to borrow from us
- The Library is handicap accessible
- There is a book drop located at the side door to the library
- If we don’t have an item you want, we can borrow it from another library for you
- There are in-house art exhibits & displays that change on a regular basis
- Our calendar of events is available at the Town Hall
- We lend basketballs so you can play on the courts at the bottom of our parking lot!
- We subscribe to 4 daily newspapers and over 50 magazines
- Our building is air conditioned! Visit us this summer to escape the heat!